Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Easter and I'm all Egged Out..!

Groucho Marx once said - "Thanks for Coming - Thanks for Going" and I have to say I feel exactly the same about Easter.

Sure it's full of fun and the Chocolate is Great - But there's a downside....

People get presents for Easter and Jewelry is part of that. Do you know how hard it is to handle all the Valuation Appraisals around the family at this time? Horrendous....

Great Aunts we haven't seen since Christmas suddenly appear with "Look what your Uncle Henry bought me this year..." and then lower their voices to a whisper..." What do you think it's Worth?"

I spend the better part of the long weekend Vacation measuring, weighing, pressing my eyeglass to the cheek bone, deciphering Hallmarks and writing long lists of features and formulas and calculations onto scraps of paper all over my kitchen.

Don't these people know they can go ONLINE and do a Jewelry Appraisal in less than 15 minutes themselves? It's safe - it's easy - it even writes the description for you, and all for less than the price of an average chocolate egg!

"Thanks for coming.... Thanks for Going... See you for Mother's Day!"

No comments: